For 47 years, Leadership South Bend/Mishawka has been offering high quality, community-based leadership training and programming for adults and students in St. Joseph County. The mission of Leadership SBM, Creating Leaders. Connecting Community. Shaping the Future–guides everything we do. After completion of a rigorous strategic and long-term business planning process, Leadership SBM has created a new position, Director of Programs to help fulfill our mission and to strengthen and extend the reach of our programs. This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position
- Develop and direct creative program curriculum for all Leadership SBM programs and to constantly refine and revise program content
- Assess, manage, monitor, and evaluate programs to ensure high quality programming and continuous improvement that accurately reflects our unique community
- Coordinate, develop, and support program coordinators to provide the best in quality leadership development
- Lead program committees and report to the Board of Directors when requested
- Plan, monitor and forecast program budgets
- Represent the organization in the community
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field required. Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years relevant experience in program management, facilitation, and curriculum development.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and manage a variety of projects while meeting program objectives and budget goals
- Proven ability in facilitating dynamic groups and working with diverse groups of leaders
- Superior communication skills.
- Experience building and stewarding community partnerships
- Commitment to diverse and inclusive leadership.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will:
- Commit to the mission, vision, and values of Leadership SBM.
- Embrace our team values: communication, talent, courage, and resilience.
- Approach their work with an entrepreneurial spirit and seek creative ways to improve and enhance existing structures and processes
- Embrace the nonprofit culture and understand the “can-do” spirit required to manage multiple priorities.
- Balance strong individual initiative with contribution as a team member.
- Approach the position with initiative and willingness to learn quickly.
Since the Director of Programs is a newly created position, it presents the ideal opportunity for a creative, go-getter with strong initiative to help shape the position and to make an impact on our organization and its place in the community.
This is a full-time position. The Director of Programs reports to the Executive Director and works closely with board committees and other staff.
Compensation for the Director of Programs is dependent upon qualifications and experience. We offer health insurance stipend, paid time off, cell phone stipend, free parking, and hybrid work option.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, email your cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and professional references to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin February 15, 2022, and will continue until the position is filled.
Leadership SBM is an equal opportunity employer.