Mini 5K for Girls on the Run
Leadership SBM CONNECTS with Girls on the Run
Lace up your shoes and welcome the springtime!
WHO? Leadership SBM Alumni, Signature, Emerge, Youth and Friends. We welcome anyone who wants to show their support for Leadership SBM and Girls on the Run Michiana.
WHAT? A “mini” 5K. No, you won’t be running fewer miles than a 5K. This run is “mini” in the sense that we will limit the number of participants to conform to current state and local regulations.
WHEN? Saturday, April 17, 2021, 9:00 AM start
If necessary, we will use a wave start to keep participants safe and provide physical distance on the course. We will keep you updated and provide further instructions if we need to use a wave start.
WHERE? Start/Finish Howard Park, 219 S. St. Louis Blvd., South Bend. Check back soon for course map!
WHY? The past year has taken a toll on our spirits and our bodies. Here’s an opportunity to reCONNECT with the people and mission of Leadership SBM and to SHAPE THE FUTURE of our community supporting the mission of Girls on the Run.
HOW? Register and pay below. Your $25 registration fee will support GOTR programming AND gets you a one of a kind Leadership SBM/Girls on the Run t-shirt. You will need to sign a waiver before the event in order to participate.
All proceeds will benefit the programs of Girls on the Run Michiana.
Our goal is to have 50 RUNNERS representing our Leadership SBM community which will allow us to sponsor an entire school program for GOTR!!!
Girls on the Run inspires ALL girls to build confidence and intentional decisions, while fostering care and compassion for self and others. Trained coaches use physical activity and dynamic discussions to build social, emotional and physical skills in every girl while encouraging healthy habits for life.
- Due to COVID 19 measures, the number of participants will be limited to conform to state and local regulations. If necessary, a wave start will be used to limit close contact.
- You will not be required to wear a mask on the course, but we request that all participants have a mask or neck gaiter to use at the start and that can easily be pulled up when passing within 6 feel of other runners/walkers.
- Course support and water bottles will be available.
- Register by April 1 to assure your event shirt.
- This is an untimed event. Bring your watch if you need to know your time!
- Parking information found here.
- Not a USAT sanctioned course.
- Please, no pets allowed.
Register Here. Please note, you will need to sign a waiver upon arrival at the event on April 17. Contact us if you have questions.