For 47 years, Leadership South Bend/Mishawka has been offering high quality, community-based leadership training and programming for adults and students in St. Joseph County. The mission of Leadership SBM, Creating Leaders. Connecting Community. Shaping the Future–guides everything we do. After completion of a rigorous strategic and long-term business planning process, Leadership SBM has created a new position, Director of Development and Community Outreach, to help fulfill our mission and to strengthen our reach into the community.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The ideal candidate will:
- Commit to the mission, vision, and values of Leadership SBM.
- Embrace our team values: communication, talent, courage, and resilience.
- Approach their work with an entrepreneurial spirit and seek ways to improve and enhance existing processes while thinking and acting ‘forward’.
- Embrace the nonprofit culture and understand the “can-do” spirit required to manage multiple priorities.
- Balance strong individual initiative with contribution as a team member.
- Possess the ability to create relationships and connections within the community.
- Feel comfortable meeting with individuals and groups from all sectors of the community at all levels.
- Approach the position with initiative and willingness to learn quickly.
- Possess experience in social media platforms and social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIN)
- Have familiarity with WordPress and website maintenance best practices.
Minimum of bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years work experience in areas reflected above.
Since the Director of Community Outreach is a newly created position, it presents the ideal opportunity for a creative, go-getter with strong initiative to help shape the position and to make an impact on our organization and its place in the community.
This is a full-time position. The Director of Development and Community Outreach reports to the Executive Director and works closely with board committees and other staff. This position will require fundraising and fund development, attendance at before and after-hours events. This position will have the opportunity create relationships with many and diverse members of our community with the objective of creating two-way partnerships.
Areas of responsibility for the Director of Development and Community Outreach include activities such as:
Plan and Execute Development Strategy
- In conjunction with the executive director and development committee, create yearly development plan and goals.
- Oversee fund development activities including asking for financial support.
- Research, write and/or coordinate with writers to pursue grant opportunities to fund Leadership SBM initiatives.
- Coordinate annual mission drive campaign and its various appeals to alumni, and community
- Plan and execute fundraising initiatives.
Build and foster relationships with diverse organizations and community members to create community connections
- Build partnerships with business partners, school districts non-profits and individuals to promote our programming.
- Represent Leadership SBM at community events and activities.
Enhance image and visibility of the organization
- Create an inclusive plan for marketing activities
- Create and manage social media strategies
- Maintain and update Leadership SBM website
Compensation for the Director of Development and Community Outreach is dependent upon qualifications and experience. We offer paid time off, cell phone stipend, free parking, flexible scheduling, and work from home options.
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered, email your cover letter, resume, salary expectations, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin February 15, 2021, and will continue until the position is filled. Leadership SBM is an equal opportunity employer. Leadership SBM does not and shall not discriminate or permit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other classification protected by law in matters of employment, activities, or its operations.